Extensor Carpi Ulnaris Muscle
Steps for doing:
1. The coloured part in being stretched.
2. Right elbow, hand and fingers flexed as shown
3. Push the right inner aspect of hand downwards with left hand as shown
4. Push the outer aspect of hand downwards with right hand as separate exercise which is not shown here
5. Hold the same position for 10-20 seconds, without holding your breath
In this video we are going to see stretching exercise of hand extensor muscles
The coloured part of the muscle is being stretched as shown
The arrow indicates the direction of stretch
1. These muscles are most common cause for pain in the back of wrist
2. It refers symptoms to the elbow, forearm, wrist, hand and finger regions
3. Symptoms may include pain, numbness, hypersensitivity, altered sensation, irritability and symptoms related to compression of adjacent blood vessels and nerves
4. Commonly related to the disease such as epicondylitis, wrist joint dysfunction, carpal tunnel syndrome, de quervain’s disease, cervical nerve compression(C7, C8) and small joint arthritis.